Turmeric has received much attention in the past decade as a powerful medicine for reducing inflammation.
This powerful spice may be used to manage symptoms from liver disease, arthritis, and digestive disorders by reducing inflammation. To increase the benefits of turmeric consume with oil and pepper.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
For this recipe, please use whatever green vegetable you have on hand or prefer.
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon turmeric (I use fresh, you can use powdered, just cut amount in half)
- ¼ cup diced onions
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon white pepper(you can use black)
- ½ cup roughly chopped asparagus
- 1 package soft tofu pressed, and well drained
- Warm a medium sized skillet over medium-high heat and add one teaspoon oil when hot. When oil has completely melted add onions and saute for about 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium, add turmeric, salt and pepper to onions. Cook for another 2 minutes or until onions are soft. Toss in the asparagus and saute for a about two minutes. Remove asparagus and onions from pan, set aside on a plate.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and melt. Add the tofu, crumble as you place it in the pan, and further crumble with spatula. Cook for about 2 minutes and fold in the asparagus and mix well heating for another minute. Turn heat off. Add more turmeric if you want the color to be deeper yellow. Taste the scramble and salt and pepper as needed. Serve immediately.
Original recipe, S. Lippard copyright 2015