Unlike most lettuce, romaine is tolerant to heat.
Serving Size: 2
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon rub with love salmon seasoning, seasoning of choice or 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, cut in half
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- Mix oil, minced garlic, and seasoning in a small bowl.
- Use a brush to coat the romaine lettuce with oil mixture. Coat in between the leaves and on surfaces.
- Grill romaine for 5 minutes on each side or until charred and wilted.
- Top with tomatoes and sunflower seeds.
How do I eat this? Use a steak knife and fork and chow down!
Note: In photo, served with Hilary’s Eat Well Adzuki Bean Burger (not included in nutrient facts)
Nutrient Facts: 390 calories, 37 g total fat, 3 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 217 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 5 g sugar, 8 g protein