Say goodbye to boring peas! These simply-prepared legumes are full of flavor and crunch.
Versatility is key as this recipe can be eaten as a side dish or the main course, and even cold or hot. For added nutrients, crunch, and taste sprinkle with sesame seeds and seaweed flakes.
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 1 Teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ Teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 Cups fresh snap or vine peas, unshelled
- 1 Cup medium diced red bell pepper
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- Sesame seeds (optional garnish)
- Seaweed flakes (optional garnish)
- Heat saute pan over medium, adding sesame and olive oils when hot.
- Add red pepper flakes, saute for one minute. Next, add red bell pepper and cook for one minute. Then, add peas and salt to the pan and cook 3 minutes. Peas should be bright green and still slightly crunchy.
- Serve warm or cold, garnished with sesame seeds and seaweed flakes if desired.
Original recipe Copyright 2015 S.Lippard